Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Project: Pelmet

Weird word, cool look.

Our tiny little kitchen needs some help.

I found this pelmet, cornice, whatever you want to call it, at Last Chance Mercantile in Marina for two bucks.


I think it scared Jason. But to me, it screamed of potential.

And what a bargain when you consider all I have to do is find the perfect fabric!

Here's it sloppily covered with a tablecloth I found on clearance last summer.


Now all I have to do is decide whether to leave the shape as is, or cut into the wood a bit to give it some character.

I'm kind of leaning towards #111, but not sure if we'll have enough wood to work with.

Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. The current shape seems too "boxy", I like 111 too. So, you are now the "Salinas Steinys" huh?! Look at you all crafty, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only thought is you are waaaaaay more crafty than me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are you using it for? I also like 104 and 108. I like the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say keep it simple with #101...I know it is boring but when you have to sew it or wrap it or whatever you have to do to it, #101 will keep you sane! If that is possible:)

    ReplyDelete