Monday, April 5, 2010

I Love Our Neighbors

Jason and I are very fortunate to live where we do.

Within minutes we can walk to the market, the bank, the gym, the coffee shop, the book store, the movie theatre, the library, and countless other stores and restaurants. City Hall and the Recreation Department are just around the corner, home to various community events including fabulous summer concerts in the park. Church is just a mile away, as is the lake where we had our wedding ceremony and the Santa Margarita Beach Club, one of my favorite spots in summer. We also have an inlet to the Tijeras Creek Trail, part of O'Neill Regional Park, just across the street. Right now it's a lush green area covered with an abundance of wild flowers.

We live on a cul-de-sac with eight homes just a few feet from each other. That's how we do it here in Southern California. I'm sure to many that seems crazy, but for us it's really not that bad. Probably because of our neighbors.

We have really great neighbors. Some we know better than others and hopefully with time we will establish genuine friendships with all of them.

The kids across the street and next door bring so much joy to our lives. They are always outside having good old fashioned fun. They like to "help" Jason with the car, play with Charlie and assist me with housework. No joke.


On Saturday they came over to help me pot a plant in the back yard. Then we trimmed the basil and made homemade pesto. Ashley read the recipe while Holly helped me measure out the ingredients. Jacob and Nathan played dominoes on the patio table and kept Charlie out of the kitchen - a very important job.

Yesterday when I took Charlie out in the morning, I noticed a paper folded up and stuck in our gate. This is what I found.


How sweet it is to have such wonderful neighbors. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Your little neighbors are adorable...I can just see you all working together making the pesto!

    ReplyDelete